Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Make Time For You...

We have more to give and more energy when we make time for us!

Don’t get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that you forget to take care of your own needs. Nurturing yourself is a necessity, not a luxury!

Set aside relaxation time. Include rest and relaxation in your daily schedule.
This is your time to take a break from all responsibilities and recharge your batteries.

Connect with others. Spend time with positive people who enhance your life. A strong support system will buffer you from the negative effects of stress.


Do something you enjoy every day. Make time for leisure activities that b
ring you joy, whether it be stargazing, playing the piano, reading, spending time with friends or whatever you enjoy.

Keep your sense of humor. This includes the ability to laugh at yourself. The act of laughing helps your body fight stress in a number of ways.

Exercise is also great to include in time for you. People who exercise regularly have more energy, maintain a healthy weight, and are happier since
exercise improves your mood.

Try something new. When life feels like it is getting into a rut, it is merely a
n indication that you are ready to move into a new phase. To do this, you will need to explore new options for hobbies, studying and things that you enjoy that are uplifting.

To me even just soaking in a warm bath feels so good. It gives me a little quiet, calm time away from everything. I like to listen to relaxing music and light a candle also when I take a bath.

Let's all make time for us in our lives :)

What are some things you do to make time for you?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Shauna. You are so lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this.

I'm learning photography for my new hobby!

You are right, it's SO IMPORTANT!

Gosfam said...

Thanks for this Shauna--I have a lot going on and I need this :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I couldn't agree more. There are times and seasons in our lives that make it easier than others.

I love to be in the mountains. That is as good as a weeks worth of sleep.

Kell said...

I like to draw or paint. Most relaxing thing ever!

Lisa said...

I also love a nice relaxing bath!
Great post thank you Shauna

Evelyn said...

Shauna, thank you for sharing such wonderful tips! I'm sure every woman out there could use this sweet reminder...

Angela said...

That is a great post about making time for youself. It makes me think how I can enjoy myself more and take time to do things that I like doing. :)

wendy said...

I agree that we need to take time for ourselves in life. We are often guilty of "forgetting" about ourselves, and the little pleasures that uplift us.

so nice to hear from you Shauna

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I think this is wonderful advice! Even going for a full hair appointment (complete with highlights and blow dry) can be a real boost for my sense of self worth!

Charlene said...

This is such an important message indeed. Really enjoying your blogs! :-)