Friday, January 29, 2010

Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Others...

Here are some thoughts on ways
to bring out the best in yourself
and others...

Become an instrument of inspiration! Your words, actions, energy, even your smallest thoughts will either promote or prevent the growth of those around you. Choose to be the type of person who inspires others to become better and brighter!

Speak as if others already radiate their potential. Instead of saying, "You would look great in that outfit if you did a few more lunges," say, "You look smashing in that outfit." Instead of saying, "You would have nailed that presentation if you had talked slower," say, "You did an awesome job on that presentation."

Praise generously and sincerely. Find admirable qualities, talent, wisdom, dedication in everybody around you and verbally acknowledge these talents on a regular basis.

Always make eye contact when you speak. It is inspiring when a person looks you directly in the eyes.

Treat yourself lightly. We all have weak spots. That's okay, it's part of being human. And you must not beat yourself up simply for being human. Treat yourself with a loving heart, speak kindly and take care of you. You cannot inspire others to greatness if you aren't also inspiring yourself to the same.

Human relations guru Dale Carnegie wrote, 'Become genuinely interested in other people.' When we are genuinely interested in others, really curious about them, they feel respected and valued.

As we show our interest, people tend to become more interesting, more creative, and more capable.

The simplest way to bring out the best in people is to hold an attitude of positive expectations.

Instead of looking for what's missing, or what's wrong with a person, we can re-frame our expectations to look for what's positive. The management phrase, 'Catch employees doing something right' captures the sense of this attitude.

Service is a great way to build ourselves and others up! You gain a special love for those you serve! During His ministry on the earth, Jesus Christ spent His time serving and helping others. True disciples of Jesus Christ do likewise. The Savior said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35).

I feel strongly that it is so very important to bring out the best in ourselves and others! To help strengthen testimonies, be positive, uplifting, supportive, complimentary and most importantly lve!

Thank you my sweet friends for bringing out the best in me! I am thankful you are a part of my life and I lve you all lots! {HUGS}

16 comments:

Gosfam said...

Love that!! I have to admit when I read your title I said to myself, "Bring out the Best Foods, Bring Out the best" LOL!! In all seriousness though. Love this post, and love your BLOGS, and being your friend in the blogosphere.

Evelyn said...

What an awesome post!! It makes me think of a quote I heard the other day: that Service is the verb, or action word for LOVE. There are so many things we can do to bring out the best in everyone around us!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I loved that post! You are always such a positive person!
Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Nikia, May and da kids said...

I think for the most part, I am very encouraging (especially in person) and I just sound really rough when I feel strongly about stupid stuff. I know that sounds bad but I don't have alot of sympathy for stupidity. I think that is when I won't say anything but if you could see the look on my face, my son tells me, I don't have much of a "poker face." I guess it shows. On the brighter side, my kids let me know their friends think I am the most giving person. That makes me proud that I can see more good than bad in people = )

May

Crochet Bug said...

I really needed to read this. It's very encouraging. I have missed stopping by to see you. I'm hoping I will be able to blog more especially when school lets out this year!

Hugs ♥

Beth at Aunties said...

I too enjoyed your post very much!

Thank you for being our sweet SUNSHINE of blogland.
You live the scripture, "Let your light so shine and glorify you Father in Heaven."

Hugs~♥

Natalie A. said...

This is a great post and I wish I would have seen it sooner! Thanks for writing such positive things! It's nice to read! I'm glad you saw the award! Have a great night, dear friend! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful post, just like you my friend! Thanks for all you do to uplift others Shauna!

Gosfam said...

Hey Shauna--wanted you to know I presented you with an award on my blog. Check it out.

Jan said...

You are such a builder upper! You have a beautiful way of making us all want to be better and do better.. I love that about you dear Shanna! What a great way of motivating us...

Hope all is going well for you and your beautiful family.. I love you and you take care always..

Jan

Meghan said...

Awesome post! I'm now a "follower" :)

Meghan
http://tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com
www.mygreatretreat.com

Regina Donaldson said...

Wow! Beautiful post. I believe in bringing out the best in others through words of inspiration as well. Words are powerful, as well as life changing. You just never know when people need to hear them. Its a reminder to us all to take time out and inspire, encourage and motivate others, as well as ourselves. Thanks so much for your inspiration as a child of God. Love your blogs girl!!!!

CB said...

This was such a wonderful and positive post!! A great message for anyday of the week!

Happy Valentines Day!

Becka Babe said...

Wow, that was amazing, thanks for such an uplifting post!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for posting this. It is exactly what I needed to read. I will try to do better at this. Especially when doing math with Sammie!

Unknown said...

I loved your lovely post. What I see that I really need to do more of is see the talents and wonder in other people and remember to TELL them...how else to build a strong and confident heart and learn how to pass this "gift" on. I am humbled...I have been lost so many days and you have reminded me of so much I KNOW, but forget a lot! thanks so much!

Eileen